xemacs 21.5.33 ignores options
Hermann Riemann
2013-05-11 12:51:12 UTC
the options
blinking cursor, Blinking Paren
has no effect.

syntax-highlighting in this buffer has effect
but store in custom-file and starting
xemacs again, the effect is gone.

indention has no effect.

It seems, that init.el is a trial to apply emacs.

Hermann
who has used xemacs over ten years
for most of his text edition;
but now, he assumed, that xemacs is dying.
http://www.Hermann-Riemann.de
Mike Kupfer
2013-05-12 19:48:28 UTC
Post by Hermann Riemann
the options
blinking cursor, Blinking Paren
has no effect.
Yes, that appears to be broken. (I can reproduce the blinking cursor
failure; I don't use the parenthesis highlighting feature.)

Could you file a bug, please? (M-x report-xemacs-bug)
Post by Hermann Riemann
syntax-highlighting in this buffer has effect
but store in custom-file and starting
xemacs again, the effect is gone.
Can you give more details on this? What sort of file are you viewing?
How did you enable highlighting? Are you manually editing the custom
file?
Post by Hermann Riemann
indention has no effect.
Hmm. I don't see any problems with indentation. Can you give more
details on the specific problem you're seeing?
Post by Hermann Riemann
It seems, that init.el is a trial to apply emacs.
I'm afraid I don't understand you.

thanks,
mike
--